Monday 14 September 2009

Baby knits and booties

The nesting instinct has well and truly kicked in and I spent the weekend adding to the pile of baby stuff that has accumulated on our dining room table. We've been amazingly lucky and so many people have given us their "pre-loved" baby equipment that we've not needed to get much new stuff. Hopefully the nursery should all be sorted out by the end of this week - I can't wait to post the before and after photos!

In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the knitted goodies that await our little Bean!

I'm so proud of this blanket and teddy bear - knitted by yours truly.

The blanket was my first attempt at intarsia knitting - it's not perfect by any means but it's the first baby thing I knitted so I love it anyway!

I've named the cute little teddy "Archie". I loved knitting him as each of his body parts only took a few hours so I made him over the course of 1 week.

The blanket is a Debbie Bliss pattern from Essential Baby and the teddy from her Simply Baby book.

I made these gorgeous mary-jane booties/shoes from a pattern in Gifts for Baby by Catherine Woram. I was really pleased with how they turned out and will definitely be making more once we know what flavour The Bean is!


Lastly, I wanted to show you the amazing layette that Paul's Mum, Pat, has knitted. I couldn't believe how many gorgeous things she's produced! We have a whole set of matinee jackets, cardigans and booties in white and then another set of cute cable cardigans and sweaters and hat in arran-style wool. So The Bean is going to be as snug as... well, a baked bean in a can with a lot of other baked beans!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails