Wednesday 2 September 2009

Shelves glorious shelves!

It's been a little while since my last post as we are now reaching the final countdown until the arrival of The Bean (only 1 more month to go!) and have been desperately trying to get things off our to-do list.

I've also been working on my first ever tutorial which I plan to post up in the next week or so, and have been searching through my bookmarks list to create a useful post about sourcing vintage fabrics. In the meantime, I wanted to share my new found appreciation of the beauty and wonder of shelving and storage space!

This is what the cupboard in the spare room - aka my sewing room soon to be the nursery - looked like previously:
(Actually that's a bit of a fib as this is what it looked like after I removed the chest of drawers and the extremely unstable stacks of cardboard boxes and Bags for Life overflowing with the jumble of my fabric and sewing supplies.)

And this is the cupboard after my Super Dad spent a day and a half waving his magic DIY screwdriver, and fitting made-to-measure shelves and a light. I then spent a week's worth of evenings sorting through the fabric stash and putting things into tidy boxes.

It's been nearly 2 weeks now and I still like to marvel at the wonder of my beautiful new cupboard! Eventually I'll get round to prettifying the walls a bit and painting it to look even more wonderous.

And still on the shelving theme... here is Paul's marvellous handiwork on the cupboard under the stairs:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails